Located in Accra, Ghana. It was built by the British as a trading post in 1673,
where it joined the Dutch Fort Crêvecœur (1649), and the Danish Fort Christinsborg (1652). Fort James gave its name to the Jamestown neighbourhood in Accra. It stands next to Jamestown Lighthouse and from colonial ties up to 2008 the fort served as a prison.